Google held Think Performance on May 24th in Toronto, its biggest marketing event ever in Canada. The conference on “performance marketing” showcased amazing world-class speakers such as Avinash Kaushik, Mitch Joel, Matt Ackley (Director of product marketing at Google) and Kent Anderson (President of Macys.com).
Here’s what caught our attention.
- “Measure conversion rate, abandonment rate, bounce rate, rather than impressions, clicks & visits.” Avinash Kaushik
- “Online surveys should include 2 questions: Why are you here? Were you able to accomplish your task?” Avinash Kaushik
- “You got to have a brand narrative. Ex: Chipotle.” Mitch Joel
- “Optimize your digitial advertising using 3 signal : intent, context and audience.” Matt Ackley
- “Use view-through conversion to evaluate ROI of display advertising.” Matt Ackley
- “Make sure you capture share of search.” Avinash Kaushik
- “There are no 4 screens (mobile, tablet, pc, tv). There is only 1 screen, the one in front of me.” Mitch Joel
- “Bounce Rate = They came, they puke, they left.” Avinash Kaushik
- “Love the smell of data in the morning.” Matt Ackley
- “Hits = How idiots track success.” Avinash Kaushik
- “Sex with data.” Mitch Joel
- “The social revolution reduce our ability to shout.” Avinash Kaushik