Reporting to the team leader, the role of the system administrator is to manage and administrate all servers and their corresponding software. This includes ensuring server applications, configuring and maintenance.
Summary of responsabilities
- Assist with processing of internal requests.
- Assist with maintenance of VoIP and POTS phone systems.
- Assist with the management and monitoring of company networks including the laying or replacing of cables if necessary, etc.
- Assist with the day-to-day maintenance of the company servers. This includes installation, configuration changes, hardware and OS maintenance, backups.
- Research and assist in the selection of hardware/software solutions that would improve the existing infrastructure (performance, hardware and geographic redundancy, etc).
- Participate in the creation and deployment of a disaster recovery plans.
- Strong knowledge of Linux (CentOS, SuSE Linux Enterprise, Ubuntu)
- Ability to create programs/scripts to simplify and/or automate tasks
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sybase, LDAP
- Email: Postfix, Qmail, Spamassassin, Courier IMAP, Amavisd-new
- Networking: switching technologies (VLANs, Tagging), routing, firewalling (iptables, Shorewall), OpenVPN, IPSEC, DNS (Bind) and DHCP
- Web: Apache, memcached, proxies (Varnish, Squid), SSL
- Clustering: Linux Virtual Server
- Storage: Samba, NFS, iSCSI, DRBD
- Monitoring: Nagios, Cacti, MON
- VoIP: Asterisk
- Ability to effectively identify priorities and execute tasks
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Team oriented
- Bilingual (English/French)
Are you interested in this challenge?
Please send your resume to email@example.com.